Selected in January 2019, these 14 books formed the foundation of reading and discussion activities. Staff and parent participants each received individual copies.
- An American Marriage, Tayari Jones
- Another Brooklyn, Jacqueline Woodson
- Between the World and Me, Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Educated, Tara Westover
- Killers of the Flower Moon, David Grann
- Little Fires Everywhere, Celeste Ng
- Me Talk Pretty One Day, David Sedaris
- Pachinko, Min Jin Lee
- A Place for Us, Fatima Farheen Mirza
- The Poet X, Elizabeth Acevedo
- Tell Me How it Ends: An Essay in Forty Questions, Valeria Luiselli
- That Kind of Mother, Rumaan Alam
- The Turner House, Angela Flournoy
- We The Animals, Justin Torres
The 2018 Reading List can be found here.
The 2020 Reading List can be found here.